- Saffola Active Oil – 1 tsp 5ml
- Cloves – 2-3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch Stick
- Black Peppercorn – 4-5
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp 2g
- Heeng – ¼ tsp
- Dry red chillies – 3-4 2g
How to make Spinach Oats Khichdi
- Heat Saffola Active Oil in a pressure cooker.
- Once the oil is hot, add cloves, cinnamon and black peppercorns, and fry for a few seconds.
- Add cumin seeds and heeng, and let them splutter for a few seconds.
- Add dry red chillies, onion and ginger, and fry until onion turns translucent.
- Add oats and dhuli moong dal, along with 6 cups of water, turmeric powder, salt and spinach.
- Cook the Khichdi until done, starting with approximately 1 whistle on high heat. Then simmer the heat and cook for 2 whistles on low heat.
- Remove the pressure cooker from heat, and let the pressure release.