Turmeric and its benefits
Also known as curcuma longa, Turmeric is a very common herb. It is also referred to as the “Queen of Spices” as its main characteristics are the pepper like aroma, golden color and sharp taste. People all over the world use turmeric for the purpose of cooking.
Turmeric is also known to contain a wide range of antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains healthy nutrients like Vitamin C, Vitamin E, protein, niacin, calcium, copper, iron, zinc and magnesium. Since turmeric is rich in so many nutrients it is often used as an essential ingredient in a variety of health problems.
Some of the major benefits of Turmeric include:
- Turmeric has powerful medicinal properties: It is because of Turmeric that the spice in curry has yellow colour. In India, it has been used for thousands of years as a spice and medicinal herb. Curcumin is the most important ingredient in Turmeric. It is known to inhabit powerful inflammatory effect and it has a very strong antioxidant. Without the inflammatory property, the bacteria could easily take over the body and kill us.
- It is a strong antioxidant agent: One of the many reasons behind ageing and develop diseases is due to the oxidative damage of Turmeric. It involves highly active molecules, free radicals and the unpaired electrons. The antioxidants perform the duty of protecting our bodies from free radicals. Free radicals have the property of reacting with important organic substances such as proteins, Fatty acids or DNA.
- It lowers the risk of developing a brain disease: Decrease in the level of hormone is known to be the cause of many diseases like depression and Alzheimer’s disease. Curcumin increases the level of brain hormone BDNF, which helps in the increase of new neurons and fight various processes in the brain.
- It lowers the risk of Heart disease: Hard disease is an increasingly complicated disease and there are various factors which lead to the growing up of the disease: The curcumin is known to improve the function of endothelium and is a potent anti-inflammatory antioxidant and agent.
- Turmeric helps prevent the risk of Cancer: There are many different forms of cancer, but studies indicate that turmeric can be a beneficial herb in the treatment of cancer. It affects the cancer’s growth,development and the molecular level. It can reduce the growth of cancerous cells in the laboratory which thereby act in improving the condition of those who suffer from the fatal disease of cancer.
- It helps in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: Alzheimer’s disease leads to dementia. Curcumin is known to cross the blood-brain barrier and it is known to show tremendous improvement in the process of improving the risk of developing the Alzheimer’s disease.
There are several other benefits of Turmeric. But what’s important is to know it’s perfect usage. Ayurveda, the oldest school of medicine in the world is known to recommend turmeric as a perfect healer of many disease. Know it to stay healthy.
The 6 best foods to eat before you do yoga
While the general recommendation is to practice yoga on an empty stomach, fasting beforeRead More
This is not dirty, or developed for lack of hygiene!! In this brand is knownRead More