Symptoms and Causes of Acne
Acne is a very common skin problem, generally affecting young people of the age group from early teenage to early twenties. In general, hormonal changes are the main reason behind the development of acne. According to the medical science, oil glands at the base of hair follicles cause acne. In simpler terms, acne is caused by blockage of your skin pores by oils and dead skin cells. Acne generally occurs at face, neck, chest, back and shoulders. We all face this problem of acne/pimples on our skin at some point of time while going through the process of hormonal change in teenage and early adulthood.
Acne as such doesn’t impose any serious threat to your life, but, they lessen the facial attractiveness of the person. Also, acne leaves dark spots and scar marks behind which can take a long time to disappear. Youngsters, especially girls do take acne problem quite seriously and experience emotional stress and lack of self confidence. Nothing bad for a girl than seeing pimples on her face. They would not leave any stone left un-turned to get away from these pimples. These days, more and more boys are also taking acne problem very seriously.
Different type of pimples, predominantly on your face like:
- Whiteheads- Mostly remain under the skin, smaller in size
- Blackheads- Relatively bigger in size and black colored
- Papules- Small bumps, pinkish red in color
- Pustules- Clearly visible bumps with pus at the top. Reddish in color
- Nodules-Large solid bumps deep rooted in your skin, quite painful
- Cysts-Pus filled painful bumps which can cause scars
Causes of acne:
As mentioned earlier, primary reason for development of acne is hormonal change. Hormonal changes are an important aspect of internal body metabolism which is very inevitable. Not much we can do to control this phenomenon. Also any efforts to interrupt the natural body changes can create further complications as well.
Adopting a healthier life style, maintaining cleanliness of facial skin and avoiding junk, oily and highly processed food products would surely help us in minimizing the impact of acne/pimples on your face.
Let us see in brief few factors which can worsen acne problem:
- Constipation- Constipation is one of the major trigger for various skin problems and acne surely falls in that category. Constipation causes inefficient flushing out of body wastes from your body. Accumulation of body wastes over an extended period of time which worsen acne problem.
Over eating and excessive intake of junk, oily and processed foods like white bread, pizza, pasta, bakery, burger, noodles can cause constipation.
- Dirt and dust on your facial skin– Our facial skin secreted oil and when we expose our skin to outside environment. Dirt and dust particles present in plenty readily sticks to our oily skin. This greasy skin condition worsens acne problem.
- Treating acne/pimples harshly– It is a general tendency to squeeze those pimples. Squeezing pimples doesn’t liberate all the bacteria and some amount of bacteria does remain intact in your skin. After squeezing, new skin develops on your skin and that remaining bacteria will eventually leads to worsening of the problem. To add on, squeezing of acne will leave black spots on your face as well.
The 6 best foods to eat before you do yoga
While the general recommendation is to practice yoga on an empty stomach, fasting beforeRead More
This is not dirty, or developed for lack of hygiene!! In this brand is knownRead More