Hormonal changes affect our body ever since our birth to death, yet we are ignorant about the recurring changes in our body. For the majority of women, the changes take place when they hit their 40’s or 50’s during the time of the menopause and for men it can happen anytime. Hormonal imbalance in men can result in hair loss, gradual weight loss or increase in weight and lack of sexual interest. Here are some of the common ways to identify hormonal imbalance in both the gender:
- Weight Gain: Emerging insulin resistance is one of the common causes of gradual weight loss which stems from the problem of hormonal imbalance and can be diagnosed as one of the chief symptoms which can gradually worsen the problem if not taken seriously.
- Low libido: One of the most common symptoms of hormonal imbalance is low libido, which begins with disturbed sleep. Without getting the quality sleep, it is certain that the sex hormone production can gradually diminish over a period of time.
- Lethargy: Are you feeling mentally tired, sluggish or scattered or tired very easily? This could be one of the reasons why the hormonal imbalance has resulted in disturbing the blood-sugar level which has invariably become one of the commonly noticeable symptoms of the problems existing in the hormonal system of the body.
- Depression, Anxiety and Irritability: While there could be several of reasons for one to get into depression or various other mental disorders, it is commonly known by experts that the hormonal imbalance in the body affects the entire system and leads to problems existing in the minds and the body. In case, you are suffering from such a disorder, it is suggested that you immediately see a counselor.
- Poor sleeping patterns: Poor sleeping cycle, which starts with increasing physical stress that leads to cortisol level to increase and hence create the hormonal imbalance.
- Sweating: Night sweats, hot flashes which thereby increases the internal temperature of the body results in the creation of hormonal imbalance. An Increase in the internal temperature of the body can also trigger emotions to clash and thereby result in a lot of sweating.
- Problems in Digestion: Slow digestion, bloating, gas related problems are common hormonal problems, but it can also be due to association with bad food or eating a lot of unhealthy and overcooked food. When you do not have optimal digestion, your body is starving because of the poor nutrient extraction.
- Cravings: Craving for more food than you should have even after eating an entire meal, can result in the minimization of sugar level and hence can be seen as one of the potential causes that results in maintaining the disharmony of the hormone level in the body. Check if you commonly get cravings even after you have completed the meal. This could be one of the vital signs of the existing hormonal imbalance in the body.