Healthy food ideas for Diabetics
Nowadays, many people are suffering from diabetes and this reduces the metabolic activity in the body. Diabetes mellitus (DM) simply called, as the diabetes is the reflection ofhigh blood sugar level for a long period. The symptoms of this disease include frequent urination, increased hunger and increased thirst. There are also many complications one is likely to encounter if diabetes is not treated in the early stage. To name few; heart disease, foot ulcers, kidney failure, stroke and damage to the eyes. The main cause of this disease is due to the lack of insulin production in the pancreas or failure of the cells in the body to respond to insulin.
To reduce the risk of diabetes, it is necessary to follow a healthy food habit as it plays an important role in the insulin production in the body. It is necessary to add the natural vegetables to your diet. You must try to avoid certain types of unsaturated food like oily fish and avocados instead you can choose over the foods prepared in healthy vegetable oil. It helps to increase your energy level at the same time the fatty substance is also very low. People drinking too much sugar foods run the risk of having bad health as they cause tooth decay. Eliminate sugar fizzy drinks, like alcoholic drinks, cakes and pastries. Take natural health drinks like milk and fruit juices as they are equipped with essential vitamins and minerals needed for the body. The GI or the low glycemic index plays a key role in healthy diet. It includes Calcium, potassium, fiber, magnesium, vitamins A, vitamins C, and vitamins E. Here are 10 foods diabetics can have:
- Dark Green Leafy Vegetables: This includes Spinach, kale, collards and many others, which are low on calories and high on carbohydrates.
- Citrus Fruit: some of the Citrus Fruits like lemons, Grapefruit, oranges and many others are very useful as they are rich in vitamin C and soluble fiber.
- Beans: The Beans are enriched with high fiber and a good source for potassium and magnesium content. These are considered as starchy vegetables and very useful for the diabetics.
- Berries: There are many types of Berries like blueberries, strawberries that are rich in antioxidants, fiber and vitamins.
- Tomatoes: Tomato come in the favorites for everyone as they can be used as pureed, raw or sauce. It has vitamin C, vitamin E and iron that are good for reducing the sugar level in diabetics.
- Whole Grains: Whole grains like wheat flour are used for making breads. This food is rich in magnesium, omega 3 fatty acids, chromium, folate and many others.
- Fish: Eating fish is necessary for enhancing the eye vision and strengthening immune system.
- Nuts: Having nuts is the key to healthy lifestyle. It plays an important role in the hunger management of the body. This is also rich in fiber and magnesium.
- Fat-free Milk: milk is rich in vitamin D and calcium, which makes it useful to consume. It helps in building strong bones and germinates teeth.
Try @ Home The Hip Hop Yoga Playlist
Rick Ross and Yoga is an unlikely combination, but for Beth Cooke, it’s just anotherRead More
Natrual Deodorant that you can make @ Home
Shea Butter Deodorant Ingredients 3 tbsp coconut oil3 tbsp baking soda2 tbsp shea Butter MethodRead More