Health benefits of Tomatoes
Tomatoes are very popular vegetable item which is used in almost all the food items. But to eat raw tomatoes is not even tasty, but also good for the health. Tomatoes are sweet ,juicy and delicious. Apart from that, the basic health benefit that tomatoes provide is that it is a rich source of vitamin C, low in calories and are fat-free. But that’s not all, here are some of the enriching health benefits of tomatoes, which you may be surprised to know:
- Tomatoes provide a range of nutrition to the body: One cup of raw, ripe and red tomato is a good source of several vitamins like vitamin A, C, K folate and potassium. Tomatoes are also low in sodium, cholesterol, saturated fats and calories. They provide vitamin B6, magnesium, thiamin, niacin and copper – all of which are essential towards the building of good health. They have high water content which makes for a filling food. Eating plenty of tomatoes can provide protection against the risk of developing heart disease, strokes and high cholesterol.
- Healthy Skin: Tomatoes help make your skin look great. Beta-carotene, which is also found in sweet potatoes and carrots help protect your skin from getting damaged. Tomatoes also help make the skin less sensitive against UV light damage, hence, protecting the skin against wrinkles and the cause of fine lines.
- Development of strong bones: Tomatoes help build strong bones. The calcium and vitamin K which is found in tomatoes are rich in strengthening and repairing the bones. They have been known to improve the bone mass, which is a great way to fight osteoporosis.
- Help prevent the risk of Cancer: Tomatoes are a natural fighter of cancer. The Lycopene quality of tomatoes can reduce the risk of several cancer – mouth, prostate, throat, rectal , ovarian and stomach cancer. The antioxidant property of the tomato help fight free radicals, which can cause the cell damage.
- Help regulate the blood: Tomatoes can keep your blood sugar in harmony. They are a rich source of chromium, which helps in regulating the blood sugar.
- Helps improve your vision: Tomatoes can help improve your vision. The property of vitamin A which is found in tomato can considerably improve your vision and help prevent the risk of night blindness. Consuming tomatoes can help reduce the risk of macular degeneration ,which is an irreversible eye condition.
- Makes for strong hair: Surprised? Well, yes. Tomatoes are a rich source of vitamin A which can make the hair strong and shiny. They make your hair look better and does not let it wither away.
There are several other health benefits of tomatoes. The list is endless. For an ideal health seeker, the idea is to first develop the routine of eating raw, ripe and freshly cut out tomatoes on a daily basis, so as to enjoy it’s benefits. Ultimately, it is the more tomatoes that you eat on a regular basis, which is going to provide the benefit to your body.
Natrual Deodorant that you can make @ Home
Shea Butter Deodorant Ingredients 3 tbsp coconut oil3 tbsp baking soda2 tbsp shea Butter MethodRead More
The Right Way to Track Calories Burned (and Consumed)
A Better Way to Think About Calories None of this is to say that youRead More