Getting to know World Health Organization – WHO
Established on 7th April 1948, World Health Organization is concerned with international public health. It is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. It was established with the idea of supporting those in need of medical assistance. Since its inception, the WHO has played a major role in the eradication of smallpox. The health organization is currently concerned with the eradication of communicable diseases like malaria, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS.
Objective of WHO
The objective of Who “is the attainment by all people of the highest possible level of health”.
The esteemed organization provides for the leadership opportunity in the matters regarding critical health and engagement where partnerships with joint action is needed. It provides for world-class facilities in the arena of research work on various health related subjects and plans to reach out to those countries which needs immediate attention in matters of health care. It seeks to act as a catalyzing change to bring about a positive outcome in the field of world health.
In addition to this, WHO is responsible for World Health Report, a leading publication on health, which is reported worldwide to major countries of the world.
Major Functions of WHO
- Assisting the government in forming policies on various health related programs,establishing and maintaining technical and administrative services,stimulating proposed action for the eradication of diseases.
- Working on the aspects of environmental hygiene; organizing international conventions and meetings on agreements on health matters
- Developing an international standard for food products,pharmaceutical products,conducting research work on health.
- Apart from that, there are range of departments of WHO where roles are assigned to individuals based on their designation and functions. It is a huge network where individuals unite together to fight for ill-health and eradication of diseases from all the parts of the world.
Lesser known facts on health revealed by WHO
- The World Health Organization reports that between 65 to 80 percent of the world’s population depend on primary medicine as a major source of health care as compared to only 10 to 30 percent of the population who uses the conventional medicine.
- WHO has adopted the traditional Chinese medicine to meet the requirement of the healthcare of the twenty-first century.
- 19 percent of Fortune 500 companies provide alternative medicine as an essential part of their healthcare compensation packages.
- Almost one-fourth of all the medical schools offer courses in alternative medicines.
- Massage Therapy is an age old practice which dates back to the ancient period of Asia, Arabia, Greece and the Orient.
- 2/3 of the population is accustomed to using the alternative medicine, do not inform about such practice to their doctors.
These are some of the relevant health related information which acts as an eye opener to the world about the way in which the health industry functions all over the world. We can learn from these practices and simply adopt the best form of lifestyle which encourages healthy living of higher form of awareness.
Try @ Home The Hip Hop Yoga Playlist
Rick Ross and Yoga is an unlikely combination, but for Beth Cooke, it’s just anotherRead More
Natrual Deodorant that you can make @ Home
Shea Butter Deodorant Ingredients 3 tbsp coconut oil3 tbsp baking soda2 tbsp shea Butter MethodRead More