Acidity or Acid Reflux Symptoms and causes
Acidity or acid reflux is a common health disorder these days owing to unhealthy life styles and food habits. After having meals, the condition where stomach acid present in our body flow back in an upward direction towards our mouth is called acidity or acid reflux. It would be accompanied with a burning sensation in chest area. Owing to the sedentary life style (lack of exercise or physical work out), high level of mental stress and higher intake of processed unhealthy food products, almost all of us come across acidity occasionally in our lives. But, if acidity or acid reflux is a common problem for you, then you need to take a serious note of it. This is an alarming situation to be diagnosed without delaying. Chronic condition of acidity can cause serious non reversible damage to your digestive system by damaging the inner lining of our food pipe and can invite some serious health problems.
Most common symptoms of acidity or acid reflux are:
- Heart burn -Moderate to severe burning sensation in your chest after taking a meal. Sometimes, people would get confused if heart burn and acidity is the same thing? As we can see here, heart burning is the resultant of acidity. More precisely, acidity is the fire and heart burn is the smoke.
- Occasional reflux of food and/or sour liquid at the back of your mouth along with heart burn
Some other symptoms of acidity or acid reflux include:
- Bloating or heaviness in stomach after taking a meal
- Sore throat
- Urge for vomiting
What causes acidity or acid reflux:
Unhealthy life style and faulty food habits causes digestion which would eventually lead to acidity.
To elaborate this statement, below point wise description is provided:
- First and foremost, OVER eating
- High consumption of processed food like bakeries, pizza, burger, hot dogs etc.
- Regular consumption of oily and junk food
- Depending heavily on tea and coffee
- Sedentary life style with no or very little physical activity
- Higher level of mental stress due to today’s fast paced life
- Immediately sleeping or lying down on bed after taking a meal
Apart from these, any shift in acid-alkaline balance of towards acidic zone would also further fortify acidity problem. Hence, higher consumption of citrus acid fruits like oranges, grapefruits, tangerines would make it worse as far as acidity is concerned. Also, refrain from using white sugar added products liberally because it is highly acidic in nature. Hence, check your consumption of pastries, cakes, carbonated beverages etc.
In short, what you eat, how much you eat and what do you do after eating; all these three aspects would decide about your chances of experiencing acid reflux problem.
Natrual Deodorant that you can make @ Home
Shea Butter Deodorant Ingredients 3 tbsp coconut oil3 tbsp baking soda2 tbsp shea Butter MethodRead More
The Right Way to Track Calories Burned (and Consumed)
A Better Way to Think About Calories None of this is to say that youRead More