6 Home Remedies for Avoiding Depression
Every year 16 million people on an average suffer from depression in America. And most of them use antidepressant drugs for handling the situation. But what these people don’t know is the fact that antidepressants tend to be beneficial only for patients with moderate to severe depression. They don’t leave much impact on the condition of people suffering from mild depression. If your condition remains intact even after consumption of antidepressants, you may have a better time with following home remedies:
- Consider the reason of your depression: The problem with depression is that it does not always happen due to biological imbalances. Sometimes reason of depression may also be circumstantial, depending on your life. So before you start looking for treatment, it’s important to find out the real cause of your problem. Are you unhappy with your current job? Suffering from an unhappy married life? Get to the root of your biggest tensions first and try to avoid them at any cost. This is crucial – if you don’t do this, you won’t feel much difference from other remedies mentioned here.
- Avoid skipping the meal: Food helps in keeping sugar levels normal, so avoid skipping any meals in your day no matter how busy you’re. Dangling sugar levels also lead to swinging moods, thus resulting in depression.
- Exercise regularly: Exercising releases endorphin, which work like natural antidepressants. So exercise regularly.
- Include serotonin-enhancing foods in your diet: You may not know about it, but many antidepressants work by increasing the level of serotonin in your brain. But you can easily increase your brain’s serotonin levels naturally by including some specific foods in your diet. For example:
- Healthy oils like coconut oil
- Foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids like sardines, mackerel and wild salmon etc.
- High protein foods, especially those with tryptophan.
- Avoid coffee: Caffeine decreases serotonin levels, so avoid drinking coffee. If you need energy boost, you can take L-Tyrosine (500 – 1000 mg) for it.
- Increase exposure to sun: Sunlight helps in increasing Vitamin D and boosting mood, so expose yourself to sunlight whenever you start feeling low.
The 6 best foods to eat before you do yoga
While the general recommendation is to practice yoga on an empty stomach, fasting beforeRead More
This is not dirty, or developed for lack of hygiene!! In this brand is knownRead More